top of page
  • Writer's pictureHill Yang

Who should I see if I experience pain or injury?

There are few common health professions to treat your pain or injury.


Chiropractic treatment involves the manipulation or adjustment of the spine and the diagnosis and management of spinal health-related problems and is intended to treat conditions such as back or neck pain and injuries, headaches/migraines and joint problems to promote mobility.

Occupational therapy/Hand Therapy(Upper Limbs Only)

Occupational therapy helps people develop, recover, or maintain their daily living and work skills where they have a physical, mental or developmental condition. Its purpose is to enable people to participate more fully in everyday life activities.


It involves stretching and the manipulation of bones and muscles in order to treat conditions such as back or neck pain and injuries, headaches/migraines and joint problems to promote mobility.


Physiotherapy assesses, diagnoses, treats and works to prevent disease and disability through physical means in order to help a person recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility.

Podiatry(Lower Limbs only)

The diagnosis, treatment and prevention of conditions affecting the toe, foot and ankle in order to help members maintain good foot hygiene and posture. It may include the treatment of toenail conditions, calluses and ulcers of the feet and assessment of gait to correct poor posture.

Remedial Massage Therapy

Remedial massage is designed to balance muscle/soft tissue length, tension, and tone, which will in turn promote the return to normal joint/capsular/bone position; increase the flow of blood and lymph, particularly in the injured areas, thus removing blockages, damaged cells, scar tissue and adhesions resulting from the injury.

Suppose you're experiencing pain or discomfort related to muscle/soft tissue or misalignment of joint/capsular/bone. You could see one of the professionals as above. However, Podiatry specialises in lower limbs, and hand therapy specialises in upper limbs.

If you want to figure out what's going on? It requires diagnosis. Occupational Therapy and Remedial Massage Therapy are not good places to go because they are not qualified to diagnose. If you want to be treated and feel good. You could choose one of them.


88 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page